COORDINATOR OF YOUTH MINISTRIES
The Coordinator of Youth Ministry (CYM) provides primary leadership for the design and implementation of parish ministry to its youth.
Supervised by: Director of Youth Ministry FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Part-time-19 hours- Work hours may vary from morning until evening and weekends
· Empower young people to live as disciples of Jesus Christ in our world today
· Work to foster the total personal and spiritual growth of each young person
· Seek to draw young people to responsible participation in the life, mission, and work of the faith community.
Duties and Responsibilities
While not intended to be a complete list, the following are examples of duties associated with this position. Other related expectations, responsibilities, and tasks are required at times. The CYM should be adaptive and receptive to the varying requirements of this position.
· Catechist to the Confirmation Program
· Assist at Youth Night and CORE Meetings if needed
· Promotes full, active, conscious youth participation in individual prayer, and at praise, worship and liturgy opportunities.
· Plan, develop and implement with Director a Teen Leadership Team program to facilitate the training and support of youth leaders recruited as teen leaders, role models, faith leaders. Recruit youth leaders from 10th-12th Grade youth to help maintain adequate supervision and provide for safety at all times and assist in planning, developing and implementing catechetical programs for parish youth.
Teen Leadership Team:
· Plan, develop and implement a schedule of social opportunities for the youth (9-12 grades) of the parish to form community identity and establish peer relationships within the parish community.
· Plan, develop and implement a schedule of service activities for the youth (9-12 grades) of the parish in order to develop their sense of responsibility to and awareness of the needs of the parish community and the Diocesan church community and the larger social community.
· Plan, develop and implement a team for social media to help promote social and service events.
· Keep youth and parents informed of Diocesan and parish programs, social, service and retreat opportunities through distribution of a calendar of scheduled activities.
· Where appropriate, refer youth and parents to suitable updated reading and resource materials for youth spiritual and catechetical information and enrichment.
· Maintain current catechist and youth ministry Diocesan certification and attend formation programs. Maintain current records on all youth participating in programs.
· Prepare the Teen Leadership Team program budget
· Record information on and prepare reports concerning youth programs, costs, numbers of participants and equipment and facility use
· Ensure that all programs and activities are implemented according to relevant legislation, policies and procedures
· Implement, Recruit, Organize a Junior High Youth Ministry Program; starting with 8th Grade CCD on Thursdays
· Perform other duties as assigned
Position Specifications Requirements
· Active member of the Roman Catholic Church. Knowledge and ability to share Catholic faith to youth.
· Para-professional helping/counseling listening skills, crisis intervention and referral skills, group processing and facilitation skills.
· Organizational skills, including time management, delegation, planning, and budgeting.
· Ability and experience to design and implement a variety of youth oriented programs. Ability to work with parents and children of all ages.
· Successful completion of the Parish Safe Environment process.
· Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
· Knowledge of adolescent I pre-teen spiritual/personal development, youth cultures and sociology.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Rev. Efrain Bautista, Pastor
525 West Vista Way
Vista, CA 92083