Our Lady of Grace School (K-8) in El Cajon, California, has an immediate opening for a full-time (10-month), non-exempt Administrative Assistant.
Under the direction of the school Principal, the Administrative Assistant serves in a supportive role to him/her and is responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of the school office, including admissions.
A complete job description is attached.
Salary is negotiable based upon qualifications and experience. Benefits provided according to the policies of Our Lady of Grace Church and School as well as the Diocese of San Diego.
Due to the confidentiality requirements of the position, applications from immediate family members of current Our Lady of Grace School students will not be considered.
Start date is flexible, but no later than August 4, 2014.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter along with a resume by email attachment to Susan Hause, Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: 2766 Navajo Rd, El Cajon, CA 92020 by July 18, 2014.
DIOCESE OF SAN DIEGO
Our Lady of Grace Church and School
2766 Navajo Rd, El Cajon, CA 92020
Revision Date: 6 July 2014
I. IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Status: Full time (10-month), non-exempt
Reports to: School Principal
II. PRIMARY FUNCTION
Under the direction of the school Principal, serves in a supportive role to him/her and is responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of the school office, including admissions.
III. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recognize and support the unique Catholic Mission of the school by speaking and acting consistent with the teachings of the Catholic Church: a staff member may not espouse any doctrine inconsistent with the teachings of the Church
- Provide administrative support to the Principal and Director of Development and Admissions, including, but not limited to, the scheduling of appointments and preparation of reports
- Greet visitors in a warm, professional manner
- Serve as primary telephone and email contact person for school community and the public
· Attend to the periodic office needs of students throughout the school day: medication disbursement, basic first aid, etc.
- Manage school and student records
- Oversee school calendar and other school-related schedules
- Monitor school budget and process invoices for payment by the Bookkeeper
- Maintain databases
- Order school and office supplies
- Provide logistical support for field trips and other school activities
- Communicate with prospective school families
- Prepare files for applicants
- Perform other duties as assigned
- POSITION SPECIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS
A. Basic Qualifications
· A working knowledge of and a strong commitment to the mission of the Diocese of San Diego and the Catholic Church, including Catholic doctrine and principles of morality; if a baptized Catholic, must be a practicing Roman Catholic in full communion with the Church
· Professional bearing and clean and neat personal appearance
· Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written; excellent human relations and interpersonal skills
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Be a self-starter; well organized; attentive to details; able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously; work with a sense of urgency; possess a strong work ethic; punctuality is a must at all times
· Ability to exercise courtesy to other parish and school employees, students, parishioners and the general public
· Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
· Able to employ good time management skills; flexibility in assessing needs and adapt appropriately in a school or office environment
· Ability to successfully complete CPR and basic first aid training
· Ability to travel locally as required; must have reliable transportation
· Ability to receive direction and be open to suggestions
· Ability to use typical office equipment; proficiency in the use of computer technology to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and other Internet-based software applications
· Be available for occasional evening and weekend work
· Ability to successfully complete a criminal history and background check as required by the Diocese of San Diego
B. Education, Training and/or Experience
· Undergraduate college degree and two years’ work experience in school office management, or commensurate experience without degree
C. Physical/Mental Requirements
· Coordination and manual dexterity, normal mental and visual ability; ability to lift as required in a normal office and/or school environment
D. Required Activities
· Walking, sitting, standing, stooping, reaching, talking, handling, hearing, carrying, and keyboarding
V. WORKING ENVIRONMENT/AVAILABILITY/GUIDELINES
· Forty core visible hours per week when the school office is open
· Occasional overtime and some evening hours required
· Functions according to the policies of Our Lady of Grace Church and School Personnel Policies and applicable canon/civil law
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors, and the requirements and conditions listed in the job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Our Lady of Grace Church reserves the right to revise this job description at any time to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its operation and/or the work environment change.