Position Title: Elementary School Principal
St. Viator Catholic School
Diocese of Las Vegas
The Diocese of Las Vegas is seeking a qualified and experienced educational leader for the position of Principal effective with the 2015-2016 academic year. St. Viator Catholic School has a rich tradition of academic excellence serving students in Pre-Kindergarten through Grade Eight. The new principal will be responsible for the operational aspects of the school, which include all academic programs, faith development, learning programs, athletics, student activities, counseling program, health and safety policies, and academic technology.
Primary functions of this position are to manage and provide opportunities for spiritual growth for students and faculty; create an environment that promotes the Catholic faith and moral development of the school community; provide leadership in curriculum development; plan for financial resources and development; conduct staff development programs; evaluate and supervise faculty, staff, students, volunteers, and the instruction program; and work collaboratively with school volunteers as well as diocesan and parish groups. Overall role is to be the educational administrator and catechetical leader of the school, responsible for the day to day operations and management of the school, reporting directly to the Pastor and working closely with the School Board.
- Practicing Roman Catholic with a strong commitment and working knowledge of the Catholic faith
- Minimum of three years administrative experience within Catholic education
- Collaborative leadership style
- Comprehensive working knowledge of school finance and budgeting
- Knowledge of all aspects of institutional advancement and fund-raising
- Ability to oversee plant and facilities management in order to maintain a safe and attractive learning environment
- High level of interpersonal, collaborative, organizational, and administrative skills with the ability to implement policies, directives, and initiatives
- Commensurate with education and experience
Candidates are asked to submit the following documents:
Cover letter (no greater than 2 pages), answering the following questions:
- Why do you find yourself being called to Catholic school leadership?
- Offer three specific skills that you possess that you find qualify you for a Catholic school leadership position.
- Completed application*
- Copies of credentials and certificates
- Copies of College/University transcripts
- Current resume
- Letters of Reference (refer to application for further information)
*The application for the Diocese of Las Vegas is available at: http://dioceseoflasvegas.org
All applications and documents may be sent to:
St. Viator Catholic Community
2461 East Flamingo Road
Las Vegas, Nevada 89121
Attention: Catherine Thompson, Coordinator of Catholic Education
Applications will continue to be accepted through February 27, 2015.