Office of Mission Advancement, Pastoral Center
The Diocese of San Bernardino is a vibrant and diverse community of Roman Catholic Believers committed to bringing the Good News of Jesus Christ to all we encounter. We are guided by the core values of hospitality, collaboration, faith sharing and reconciliation. Through the impact of the Gospel, we seek to fill lives with hope.
The vision of Mission Advancement is to provide for the future of the Church of San Bernardino in a way that helps us all to commit to a real and lasting relationship with Jesus Christ, making God a priority in our life so that our hearts are filled with hope!
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Promotes the essential characteristics and fundamental values of the Catholic Church.
- Shares a responsibility for providing personal and visible leadership for the community and faithful on issues related to the mission and goals of the Church of San Bernardino and Riverside.
- At the direction of the diocesan Bishop, serves as ex officio member of Diocesan Finance Council, DDF Corporate Board and other Boards as directed.
- Directs fundraising programs and marketing efforts that promote the Mission of the Diocese of San Bernardino to “. . . called to impact families, neighborhoods and society with the Gospel so that people’s lives are filled with hope” in parishes, community organizations, Catholic affiliates and service providers.
- Seeks the advice and counsel of pastors, priests, community leaders.
- Oversees the development and implementation of the annual budget that is submitted to the Chief Financial Officer for approval.
- Identifies annual and long-term fundraising goals and directs, manages and implements all fundraising activities to achieve those goals on behalf of the Diocese of San Bernardino and the Roman Catholic Bishop.
- Working with the Parish Relations Coordinator, is responsible for assuring that the DDF Annual Appeal reaches unrestricted cash goals each year through focused and cost-effective direct mail, parish mailings, marketing efforts, and volunteer workshops.
- Working with the Donor Relations Coordinator, is responsible for assuring major gift ($5,000 and over) solicitations. Assists Donor Relations Coordinator to identify major prospects and assures appropriate cultivation takes place.
- Provides assistance in the development of proposals and other support materials for major gift solicitation.
- Initiates and directs grant writing in developing proposals to corporate, foundation and Catholic affiliated organization grant makers in seeking unrestricted annual and targeted restricted gifts. Director works with the Chief Financial Officer to establish priorities for respective gift programs.
- Responsible for the establishment of new scholarship funds and participates in effective stewardship of all scholarships aligned with the intent of the donors. Efforts are placed in creating endowment programs for donors, especially in the area of seminarian formation and education.
- Ongoing relationship with the Office of Construction and Real Estate Director on fundraising objectives for new construction projects.
- Responsible for marketing planned giving opportunities to the community, for identifying and cultivating planned gift prospects, and for conducting solicitations and negotiating planned gifts.
- Works closely with Chief Financial Officer to provide tax information on deductions, income and cash flow analysis for prospective trust or pooled income fund donors and annuity plans using related software.
- Works closely with the Bishop and all team members of Mission Advancement to support the mission of the ministry: “. . . to provide for the future of the Church of San Bernardino in a way that helps us all to commit to a real and lasting relationship with Jesus Christ, making God a priority in our life . . . so that hearts are filled with hope!”
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bi-lingual / Bi-literate English/Spanish preferred.
- Experience in Church Management, Church Management Certificate preferred.
- Excellent Communication and Organizational Skills.
- Excellent Presentation Skills.
- Ability to organize faith formation programs and education workshops.
- Flexible Scheduling.
- Certificate in Fund Raising, CFRE preferred.
- Member of the Association of Professional Fundraisers, the National Catholic Development Conference or the International Catholic Stewardship Conference.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, managerial/mentoring and leadership skills with ability to lead by example and encourage collaborative efforts.
- Strong knowledge of the Catholic Church organization and procedures.
- Must be practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church.
- College Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related fields.
- Master Degree in Non-Profit Management, Church Management or related fields preferred.
- Includes but not limited to considerable use of arms and legs, whole body movement, walking, lifting, and stooping, standing, sitting, lifting and carrying, pushing, pulling, kneeling, crouching, crawling, hearing, speaking, seeing, reaching, repetitive forward bending, repetitive arm/hand motions, prolonged gripping of an item, repetitive hand/finger movements, sense of touch/feel, temperature extremes.
Interested candidates, please forward your resume with salary requirements to:
Attention: Sinia Bustamante
Diocese of San Bernardino
1201 E. Highland Avenue
San Bernardino, CA 92404
Email: email@example.com or fax to: 909-475-5189
The Diocese of San Bernardino is an Equal Opportunity Employer.